The Best Apps for your Small Business
There are a lot of apps out there that can help small businesses save time and money. In this article, we’ll go over some of the best options, including expense tracking, invoicing, and more.
What is a small business?
A small business is defined as a privately owned company with a limited number of employees and a relatively small amount of revenue. In the United States, the Small Business Administration (SBA) defines a small business as a company that is independently owned and operated, with a maximum of 500 employees.
There are many different types of small businesses, ranging from sole proprietorships to corporations. However, all small businesses have one thing in common: they must find ways to operate efficiently and effectively in order to compete with larger businesses.
Why use apps for small businesses?
There are a number of reasons why apps are great for small businesses. First, apps can help you save time and be more organized. They can also help you connect with customers and promote your business.
Apps can help you save time in a number of ways. For example, they can help you automate tasks, such as social media postings or email marketing. They can also help you keep track of customer information and orders.
Apps can also help you connect with customers. For example, you can use an app to send out loyalty coupons or special offers. You can also use an app to create a loyalty program for your customers.
Finally, apps can help you promote your business. For example, you can use an app to create a QR code that customers can scan to get more information about your business. You can also use an app to create a mobile website for your business.
Technology can be a great leveler for small businesses. The right apps can help small businesses operate more efficiently and effectively, while also helping them save time and money. Here are 13 of the best apps for small businesses:
The best apps for small businesses
If you’re a small business owner, there’s a good chance you’re always looking for ways to save time and increase efficiency. Luckily, there are now a number of apps that can help you do just that. Here are some of the best apps for small businesses:
1. Evernote: Evernote is an app that allows you to create notes and organise them into notebooks. It’s perfect for small businesses as it helps you keep track of ideas; to-do lists and much more. You can also sync Evernote across all your devices, so you can access your notes anywhere.
2. Dropbox: Dropbox is a file sharing and storage app that allows you to share files with others and access them from anywhere. It’s great for small businesses as it makes it easy to collaborate with others and share important documents.
3. Google Drive: Google Drive is another file sharing and storage app that offers similar features to Dropbox. However, it also comes with some additional features such as the ability to create and edit documents online.
4. Hootsuite: Hootsuite is an app that allows you to manage all your social media accounts in one place. This app helps businesses manage their social media accounts. It lets businesses post updates, track who is talking about them, and more.
5. Basecamp: This app helps businesses manage projects. It lets businesses create to-do lists, set deadlines, assign tasks to team members, and more.
7. FreshBooks: This app helps businesses manage their customers and invoices. It lets businesses track payments, create invoices, and more.
8. SendHub – This app helps businesses manage their customer communications, including SMS messages and voicemails. It’s a great way to keep track of customers and make sure they’re getting the information they need.
9. Expensify – This app helps businesses keep track of their expenses, making it easy to stay on budget. It’s great for tracking business travel expenses, as well as everyday office supplies and other costs.
10. QuickBooks – QuickBooks is a essential app for any small business that wants to keep track of its finances. It allows businesses to manage invoices, track payments, and generate financial reports.
11. Basecamp – Basecamp is a project management app that helps businesses keep track of deadlines, assigned tasks, and progress on projects. It’s a great way to stay organized and make sure everyone is on the same page.
12. Skype: This app is perfect for staying in touch with team members who work remotely.
13. Slack: This app is essential for communication between team members. It’s also great for sharing files and important links.
How to get the most out of using apps for small businesses
There are a ton of apps out there that can be extremely helpful for small businesses. But with so many options, it can be tough to know which ones are worth your time and money.
Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of using apps for your small business:
1. Know your needs. Before you start downloading apps, take a step back and think about what your business needs. What are your goals? What processes do you need help with? Once you have a good understanding of your needs, you can start looking for apps that will address them.
2. Do your research. Not all apps are created equal. Once you have a few options in mind, take some time to read reviews and compare features. It’s also a good idea to talk to other small business owners to see which apps they love and why.
3. Take advantage of free trials. Many app developers offer free trials of their products, so you can test them out before committing to a purchase. This is a great way to make sure an app is the right fit for your business before investing any money in it.
4. Utilize app integrations. One of the best ways to get the maximum insight from such tools is through website/app integrations.
These are just a few of the great apps out there for small businesses. Do you have a favorite that we didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments!
How to choose the best app for your business
There are a lot of different apps out there that can be useful for small businesses. But with so many options, it can be hard to know which one is right for your business. Here are a few things to consider when choosing an app for your business:
1. What kind of business do you have?
Different businesses have different needs, so you’ll want to make sure the app you choose is well-suited to your particular business. For example, if you’re in the retail business, you might want an app that helps you track inventory or manage customer orders.
2. What are your budget and time constraints?
Some apps can be quite expensive, so you’ll need to factor in your budget when making your choice. And depending on how complex the app is, it could take some time for you and your employees to learn how to use it properly. Make sure you have the time and resources available to invest in an app before making your final decision.
3. What features do you need?
Again, this will vary depending on the type of business you have and what you hope to accomplish with the app. But some common features that might be important to consider include things like cost, data protection, technical pointers etc.
There are a ton of great apps out there that can help small businesses run more smoothly. We’ve compiled a list of our favorites, so you can pick and choose the ones that will work best for your business. From accounting to project management, there’s an app on this list that can help with just about everything. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try and see how they can help your business run like a well-oiled machine.
If you’re a business that’s already up and running and are looking to source quality goods, head to Tradyl and boost your business growth.