Top Products you should start Sourcing from India ✅
Sourcing wholesale clothing from China comes with a lot of benefits. But it takes time to find the right suppliers, source, and secure a good deal due to language barriers, delayed timelines, poor quality products and no transparency in communication from the suppliers side. This is why, brands today choose to source from other developing countries like India, Vietnam, Bangladesh, etc. One such growing country that is most likely going to be at par with China for sourcing requirements is India.
India is a great global sourcing hub to both online and offline businesses. Quality goods, lower costs, and sustainable practices across the value chain are a few benefits of sourcing from India. India has a vast choice of products to choose from, which reflects the country's sociocultural richness. Most of these are wholly unique and not found anywhere else in the world.
Through this article and the video below learn about the attractive sourcing alternative to China- India. Here are the top 5 products to consider while sourcing from this rich country:
- Regional Handicrafts: India's diverse cultural heritage offers unique handicrafts with high international demand. The centuries-old artisanal manufacturing methods are traditionally embedded with sustainability and an eco-conscious approach. These products have high demand in international markets, primarily the U.S.A. and Europe. Articrafts like Metalware, Wooden Artwares, Paintings, and Embroidered Goods.
- Precious Stones and Jewelry: India has a centuries-old rich culture of production and consumption of precious stones, gems, and jewelry. Recently, the international market has shown great interest in the Indian jewelry art and design and precious stones market. Despite lacking diamond mines, India excels in diamond cutting and polishing, particularly in Surat.
- Textile Products: India's textile industry boasts 70 clusters specializing in various textiles, with key hubs like Panipat, Bihar, and Tirupur. The textile and apparel industry in India is one of the largest in the country.
- Leather Products: India ranks high globally in leather production, with states like Tamil Nadu and West Bengal leading the way. The Indian leather industry accounts for around 12.9% of the world’s leather raw materials which are mainly hides/skins. 9% of the world’s footwear production is contributed by India.
- Customized or Ready-to-Ship Products: India's skilled labor, traditional textiles, and favorable policies make it a prime location for clothing manufacturing. Currently, India is known for exporting knitwear products like blank t-shirt, home products like bedspreads, wholesale women's clothing, etc. India is home to many small business wholesale suppliers and manufacturers who are looking at exporting to international wholesale clothing vendors or businesses.
In summary, India offers quality and diversity in its products, making it a promising sourcing destination, The range of products a business can source from India is unparalleled, especially with the support of platforms like wholesale sourcing platforms Tradyl. Tradyl is an e-commerce platform that helps you source Made in India products in both the fashion and home categories. With over 30,000+ ready-to-ship products with MOQ starting at 1 piece. Check out Tradyl’s website, www.tradyl.com to see their trendy collection that starts from extremely low prices.